Welcome to Bluebird Mesa
The Bluebird Mesa was created as a labor of love and healing for the community of Hot Springs, SD, Southern Black Hills or wayward travelers. It is a beautiful venue not just for fitness and wellness but also for events, weddings, anniversaries, family reunions, retreats, vacation rentals or gatherings of any sort. I feel grateful and blessed to share with you…
Kara Hagen / Owner, manager
The first time I drove up the hill, it was spring and the bluebirds flew in a dust of indigo to give pathway to the mesa. The hill stands alone with steep walls. A path like road leads you to the top. The view of the grand Historic Veterans building is breathtaking. It’s century old architecture silhouetted against the majestic Seven Sisters Mountain Range. Peacefully lying in the valley below, in all its sandstone splendor is the city of Hot Springs. The spring fed river that flows across this canvas is reminiscent of a more peaceful time. An Historic town, known since the days of the native people for its healing waters.
A bird does not sing because he has an answer. He sings because he has a song
– Joan Walsh Anglund, A Cup of Sun, 1967
Be like the bluebird who never is blue,
For he knows from his upbringing what singing can do
– Cole Porter, Be Like the Bluebird, 1934
The bluebird carries the sky on his back.
Henry David Thoreau, Journal, April 3, 1852
A man’s interest in a single bluebird is worth more than a complete but dry list of the fauna and flora of a town. -Letter, November 22, 1958, from Henry D. Thoreau to Daniel Ricketson, In The Writings of Henry David Thoreau, 1906
All are welcome at Bluebird Mesa. Our intention is to provide a space where we can simply gather to build community spirit and promote wellness. A place to share knowledge, a place for music and a place to play and laugh together.
Bluebird Mesa is located at:
549 Cold Brook Street,
Hot Springs, SD 57747
(on the hill above Evans Plunge)
We are excited to offer:
- Yoga Weekly! (drop in on a class, check our calendar! *donation)
- Vacation Rentals: Main House (3 bed/2 bath/Yoga Studio/Cabins)
- Venue for Corporate Events, Retreats, Weddings, Reunions, Vacation Rentals. *Entire property sleeps 20
- Massage Therapy, Reiki, Polarity, Cranial Sacral (FlatIron Historic Sandstone Inn at 745 N River Street: Jeanie-605-890-3088 / Celeste-503-548-3010)
- and accommodations at FlatIron Historic Sandstone Inn or Bluebird Mesa!
If you have any questions,
please don’t hesitate to contact us:
or email us at:
Book your Event or Retreat with us!
- Events,Weddings, Reunions, Anniversaries, Retreats & Vacation Rentals!
- and more…